Ahh, I’m so late with this. Sarah @ Sarah’s Book Shelves tagged me in this months ago- but better late than never, right?
1. Four names people call me other than my real name:
- Sissy (because I’m a sister)
- Drama Queen (because I can get a bit dramatic at times & I can’t handle pain at all)
- Aunt Tam.
2. Four jobs I’ve had:
- Cashier at grocery store
- Construction helper
3. Four movies I
would/have watched more than once:
- The Cutting Edge (seriously, hands down, the best movie… EVER.)
- Steel Magnolias (especially the really funny parts at the beginning!)
- The Devil Wears Prada
4. Four books I’d recommend:
- The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells.
- A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
- Little Gale Gumbo by Erika Marks
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
5. Four places I have been:
- Orlando, Florida
- Cozumel, Mexico
- New York City, NY
- Las Vegas, Nevada.
6. Four places I’d rather be right now:
- The Beach
- Las Vegas
- Disney World
- On a cruise.
7. Four things I don’t eat:
8. Four of my favorite foods:
- Crawfish Etoufee
- Shrimp and Rice from the Hibachi place
- Snow Crab rolls
9. Four TV shows that I watch:
- Days of Our Lives
- How to Get Away With Murder
10. Four things I am looking forward to this year (2015):
- Being at BEA in May!
- Spending time with my adorable niece- sidewalk chalk drawing and bubble blowing
- Summer Reading!!!!!
- Working on my photography skills at the numerous festivals and fairs I plan to attend
11. Four things I’m always saying:
- Ya’ll (I live in the south)
- For reals?
- I’m going to tell my future therapist about this some day….
**I’m now tagging:
Anna @ A Wondrous Book Shelf
Sanovia @ CreatyveBooks
Erin @ Read At Home Mama
Happy Reading and Bookishly Yours,
T @ Traveling With T
Last year was my first rodeo at this huge bookish event call Book Expo America (BEA). I was gobsmacked at the size of the building, at all the booths, the events, how organized things was- and yes, the books that were being handed out, the books that were being dropped off in certain locations for people to grab, and the authors that were signing books. It was a book lover’s paradise.
Then I got home and I noticed on social media people complaining about folks attending BEA posting pictures of their book haul and I had some friends making comments about “all those FREE books I received while I was at BEA”…
Free? Let’s delve into this further, shall we? Continue reading
It’s Friday. It’s been raining this week so my hair has been POOF. Like seriously. POOF.
And this week has flown by. Crazy, right? Now off for a weekend of hopefully fun and relaxation with books to look forward to reading!
1. Deep South Magazine and it’s #literaryfriday: A giveaway, RUBY, Literary Louisiana, and much more!
2. Sarah’s Book Shelves has 2 reviews of WHERE THEY FOUND HER by Kimberly McCreight- spoiler-free and spoiler-filled. Continue reading
Photo Credit: Goodreads
This book was sent to Traveling With T for review consideration.
Night Night, Sleep Tight
Arthur Unger is out for his nightly swim. He’s looking forward to his daughter, Deidre, arriving the next day for help in selling the family house- even though he and Deidre do not have an easy-going relationship.
He feels a tinge of guilt about some things of the past- and wonders if there is time to make up for the ways he failed his children. Mostly, he’s concerned with the next chapter in his life, though. He’s swimming and imagining how the story will play out.
But Arthur could never have expected what happened next…… Continue reading
Ya’ll already know how much I LOVE giveaways. I love seeing the tweets, hearing back from the readers that they have received the book and it was fabulous and just knowing that I am playing a small role in bringing books and people together!
So, just in case you’ve missed out on some of these giveaway announcements- here are 3 that are currently happening at Traveling With T: Continue reading
Today I have K.S.R. Burns at Traveling With T to talk about #literarycrush and what type of lipstick she would be (crazy, right? #Gottaaskthehardquestions!)
K.S.R. Burn’s book is RULES FOR THE PERPETUAL DIET- maybe after reading the Author Spotlight- you’ll want to check the book out! Continue reading
Today, I have an Author Q&A with Kim Korson, author of I DON”T HAVE A HAPPY PLACE, and thanks to her publicist at Wunderkind PR- a giveaway has been arranged! Whoo! Continue reading